Tomorrow, Yogi Adityanath (Ajay Singh) will take oath as the new CM of Uttar Pradesh. While there is no denying the fact that he is regarded as a controversial figure, his selection is not a gamble but a carefully planned strategy. The reasons that I can put forward to support my statement are:
- He is the founder of Hindu Yuva Vahini, a social, cultural and nationalist group of youth who seek to provide rightist Hindu platform.
- Adityanath was the youngest member of the 12th Lok Sabha at 26. He has been elected as an MP from Gorakhpur to the Lok Sabha in the 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014 elections.
- He is well educated (B.Sc. in Mathematics) and connected to the ground level politics having support of the masses.
- Currently he is Mahant of Guru Gorakhnath Temple which has millions of followers.
- He is frank in nature, hard-working, bold and decisive, patriotic and works for the development of his people.
- Much of the controversies associated with him are due to the anti-national and anti-Hindu media and his political opponents.
- He is staunch supporter of Hinduism and there is nothing wrong in that. One should be proud of his religion and promote its good teachings.
- Uttar Pradesh needed to do away with minority appeasement, religious riots, and Xtian conversions. Yogi is well suited leader for this.
- Whether Kairana, or other Muslim dominated areas, Hindu exodus was happening since decades without any protest. This had to be stopped to protect rights of Hindus.
- Secularism in India means vote bank politics and hence we see haj subsidy, preferential treatment to Muslims and neglecting the plights of Hindus. Appointment of Yogi as CM will give a strong message against all these.
- Adityanath belongs to Eastern U.P. as an MP and this region is close to Muslim dominated areas of Bihar such as Gopalganj, Siwan, etc. His selection will influence the political map of these areas also.
- U.P. was turned into a wasteland despite its potential and the credit for ruining it goes to parties like Congress, SP and BSP. Hooliganism, stagnant development, corruption had become synonymous with the state. With support of 2 Deputy CM, and under the leadership of Narendra Modi at Centre, Yogi will have a big opportunity to turn the fate of this state.
- Yogi is known for protest against religious conversions, cow slaughter and Love Jihad. To check these menace, BJP needed someone of his caliber.
- During state election campaign, the firebrand leader was the second most sought-after campaigner in the state in the assembly elections after Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Not denying the fact that he is loud-mouthed, he has got enough of experience in politics to lead the party in UP from the front.
- Under the reign of Akhilesh Yadav, Hindus were not allowed to worship during Ajaan time, loudspeakers were removed from temples, lands were given at cheap rates to Muslims for graveyards, electricity supply also followed a particular pattern during festivals. Hence, the annoyed Hindus consolidated for the first time and gave a clear mandate to BJP. I will like to point out that one should not have even an iota of opinion that Muslims also voted to the Right-Wing party.
- His appointment is by support of RSS, BJP and Hindu saints with no objection from any other party member. This is strange considering his strained relations with BJP in the past.
- Those who think that Yogi will be his usual self even after becoming the CM are having wrong notion. Just keep watching, development is going to be the prime agenda under his rule. Ram Mandir issue was just a tool for polarization of votes.
- Contrary to popular belief, Hindutva and development are not poles apart, they go hand in hand. One can’t think of development without assurance of life safety.
- At just 44 years of age, he has got enough time to bring about his ideas to work and strengthen the party. There are court cases pending against him but he is still to be proven guilty in any such case. And if anyone thinks that protecting Hinduism is wrong then I approve such wrong-doings.
To those who are fearing that all hell will break loose on the so called minorities after Yogi becomes CM, I can only say: stop dreaming…there are enough evidences that Adityanath is a honest leader against Casteism, corruption, and has also helped people of his region, regardless of their religious inclination. Though known more for his rightist Hindu politics, it is to his credit that people in Gorakhpur, especially around the temple, hold him in high esteem irrespective of whichever caste or community they belong to. Even Muslims around the temple are given protection by the Yogi.
His 5 times selection as an MP isn’t a testimony of that?
And my special advice to presstitutes – Stop maligning Hinduism or else you will get more heart-burns, this is just a trailer. You keep mum on inflammatory speeches of Azam Khan or Owaisi but when a sanyasi who is dedicating his life to the cause of nationalism and Hinduism is a criminal?
With best wishes to Yogi and BJP…hoping to cover new territories.
Jai Sri Ram ! Vande Mataram !!